Loire / France9-day hiking and cultural trip. On a hill above the Loire River, this modern hotel boasts stunning views of Amboise Castle ....
... Hardly any other region has influenced French history so much. Kings and queens, court jesters and mistresses revived the Loire Valley and ruled France. Here was celebrated and enjoyed to the fullest. Look forward to one of the most beautiful landscapes in France!
IVV - additional round trip with the VSV Schömberg
The journey will take you to Amboise in the Loire Valley. Dinner at the hotel. 8 nights at Novotel Amboise.
Today you explore Amboise. The castle of Amboise towers over the river and invites you to visit its royal apartments and beautiful panoramic gardens. Clos-Luce Castle, the retirement home of Leonardo da Vinci, is also worth a visit (individual visit possible). For dinner, head to a traditional restaurant.
The capital of Touraine is Tours, once a Gallo-Roman city. Discover the picturesque streets during a medieval search for traces with your tour guide in the morning. In the afternoon you visit the garden of France in Villandry Castle - a botanical sensation, perfected vegetable beds and flower beds will delight you. For dinner, return to your hotel.
Today you will first visit Chenonceau Castle. A real pleasure palace, where the castle lords celebrated extravagant festivals. In the afternoon we go to the ship. Enjoy the boat trip on the Cher. At the end of the day you visit a winegrower - of course with tasting and delicious wine tasting. Drive back to the hotel and then dinner.
Drive to Cheverny Castle. Next to the castle, the extensive park invites to walks. Special feature is the large hunting dog pack, in whose feeding one can watch. Afterwards, enjoy a boat ride through the park.
Particularly impressive is Chambord Castle (UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE), with its 440 rooms, 365 fireplaces, 13 main stairways and 70 side staircases, and is beautifully situated amidst a 5,500 hectare park surrounded by a 32 km long wall. Relax on a carriage ride through this park. Dinner at the hotel.
Following the Loire, drive to Chaumont Castle. Garden art of the highest standard awaits you here at the annual international festival of the Jardins de Chaumont-sur-Loire. The castle of Blois was one of the most popular residences of the French kings. It is a jewel of French architecture, here the four great epochs - medieval, gothic, renaissance and classicism - are grouped around the courtyard. For dinner, return to your hotel.
In the morning, discover the moated castle of Azay-le-Rideau. For most the most romantic castle ever. A specialty of the Loire Valley awaits you afterwards, "Poires Tapees" (beaten pears) flattened pears dried in tuff oven. Put in wine or syrup, a delicacy! Dinner is served in an auberge in the countryside.
In the morning a hike (possibly IVV) through fields and woods to the monastery of Abbaye Royale de Fontevraud. In the afternoon, visit two picturesque towns: Candes-St-Martin and Montsoreau, which are among the most beautiful villages in France. For the last dinner in the Loire Valley, return to your hotel.
Travel home to southern Germany / Schömberg.
- end of the journey -
Included in your package:
- Round trip in a modern coach with toilet and air conditioning from and to southern Germany / Schömberg with a renomierten bus company (further approach possibilities on request)
- 8x Overnight with breakfast buffet in the 4 * Hotel Novotel Amboise
- 6x 3-course dinner in the hotel
- A typical 4-course menu including aperitif, 1/4 wine and coffee in the restaurant La Cave aux Fouées in Amboise
- Visit to the cellar "Cave du Père Auguste" in Civray de Touraine with cellar tour, wine tasting and wine tasting
- A 4-course meal at the Auberge Pom'Poire restaurant in Azay-le-Rideau
- Day 2-8 local German speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees for visits (like program): → Amboise Castle, → Villandry Castle, → Chennonceau Castle, → Cheverny Castle with hunting dog feeding, → Chambord Castle incl. Carriage rides, → Chaumont Castle, → Chateau Blois, Azay le Rideau Castle and → L`Abbay Royale Castle
- Boat trip on the Cher (50min.)
- Tasting dry pears
- IVV stamp
- Certificate of Security
Not included in your package:
- Individual arrival and departure to the departure point of the bus
- Lunch, drinks, personal expenses, gratuities
- Cancellation insurance, other insurance
any additional charges:
Single supplement: € 295,-
Your hotel ⇒ Hôtel Novotel Amboise 4 ****
On a hill above the Loire, this modern hotel boasts stunning views of Amboise Castle. Comfortably equipped double rooms (partly with large double bed, partly with two separate beds) with shower / WC, air conditioning, WLAN, telephone and TV. The hotel has a bar, a restaurant and an outdoor pool with sunbathing area.
Travel price € ,- per person in the ½DZ
Deposit: 20% of the travel price when booking, plus insurance fees. Flight tickets are fully payable upon booking. We request payment of the balance 28 days before arrival.
Subject to availability on the date of booking, currency fluctuations, hotel, flight and program changes.
Subject to errors and misprints.
The travel conditions of the organizer P.T.A. TOURS GmbH and the participating carriers / airlines we would send to you on request.
German citizens need a valid ID card (validity at least 6 months after return)
The German Foreign Office, www.auswaertiges-amt.de (only citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany), provides information on entry and vaccination regulations. We would be happy to provide you with information about our visa / immigration services.
Minimum number of participants: 25
With a smaller number of participants, we reserve the right to charge extra.
After confirmation of the travel up to 90 days prior to arrival, a fee of 30% of the travel price will be charged
- up to 31 days prior to travel 40% of the travel price
- up to 21 days before arrival 60% of the travel price
- up to 14 days before arrival 80% of the travel price
- from 14 days before arrival until 1 day before departure 90% of the travel price
- on the day of departure 100% of the travel price
For booked flights, 100% cancellation costs apply as from the date of issue.
Fees per person.
Knowledgeable / requirements / Vaccinations: